Whenever you visit a beverage section of a supermarket or grocery store, you will always find kombucha lying on the shelves. The drink not only looks tempting to the eyes but also has a unique taste that is hard to resist. Kombucha tea is a fizzy drink made by fermenting green or black tea, sugar, and a symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast for a week or more. Popularly known as a health elixir, the drink provides a handful of health benefits to the consumer. If you are into fitness and wellness, then kombucha is the drink for you. It is the best health drink that people of any age-group can consume to add more years of good health to their life.
Many kombucha manufacturers produce this tea in a variety of flavors to give joy ride to your taste buds. The effervescent drink has a fruity, herbaceous, and a little spicy taste that can satisfy your desire to have a fabulous beverage. If you are the one who is extremely conscious about your health and regularly hits the gym to be in shape, then kombucha can be your perfect companion. It is considered as the best fitness drink that not only helps you shed the extra kilos but also shields your body from a number of ailments.
If you want to know how drinking kombucha can affect your overall body health, then below-mentioned points can help you out:
- Make your skin look younger: As we age, our skin, especially our face starts to lose its elasticity, and wrinkles take the place of the radiant glow a youthful skin holds. The kombucha tea is rich in antioxidants that shield your cells from free radicals that break them and make your skin stay healthy and wrinkle-free.
- Adds up to your immunity level: The drink is an excellent source of vitamin C that makes your immunity stronger and helps you dodge the risk of various health ailments. With this drink at your end, you move a few steps forward towards a healthy lifestyle.
- Don’t let you suffer from chronic diseases: The beverage contains two powerful antioxidants named theaflavin and EGCGs. The antioxidants give strength to our body to fight against free radicals that, if remain in our body, can be the reason for life hazarding ailments like cancer and other chronic diseases. Kombucha will provide you a gateway to a healthy life
- Better skin, nails, and hair: Kombucha has loads of B vitamins that are required by the human body to produce as well as maintain new, healthy cells. Drinking this vitamin B enriched drink will reboot your skin and give strength to your nails and hair.
- Helps in weight loss: If you are concerned about your weight and want to stay fit, then drinking kombucha can help you out. The beverage is loaded with acetic acid and probiotics that aids in weight loss. Probiotics reduce the number of calories a person absorbs from food and affect hormones that are related to obesity, hunger, and appetite by lifting the count of your gut bacteria. On the other hand, acetic acid reduces bloating and curb hunger to help you shed the overall excess weight your body carries.
- Aids digestion: The kombucha is full of healthy gut bacteria that improve digestion and prevent diseases like diarrhea and constipation. But as we all know that too much of anything can turn its positive effects into negative, and the same goes with kombucha. As it is a carbonated drink and consuming it in access amount will reverse its anti-bloating property and make you feel gassier.
- Detoxifies the body: Glucuronic acid present in kombucha allows the liver and kidney to push out toxins faster. When toxins are removed from your body, it has a positive effect on your overall body health. Studies have also shown that drinking kombucha can remove up to 70% of toxins from your body.
- Strengthen your memory power: The beverage contains vitamin B9 in a good amount that assists in strengthening the memory power and fight against certain neurodegenerative conditions in the brain like epileptic seizures, Alzheimer’s disease, and stroke.
- Fills up the vitamin deficiency: The health drink is a good source of various vitamins like vitamin B12, Vitamin C, and others that prevent you from anemia and fatigue. Drinking kombucha can be the easiest way to fight certain vitamin deficiencies and stay healthy and fit.
Drinking kombucha makes your body a self-healer. You can cut out on soda drinks and get another fizzy yet healthy drink that will set you on the path of a lifestyle that will be full of body and mind wellness. With this beverage, you don’t even have to compromise on taste. On the contrary, you will have a drink that tastes superb, look fantastic, and is not less than a bliss for your health.